– i feel a little bit like i’m at an auto mechanic shop here, but instead of coming hereto get spare car parts, you come here to get spare beef parts. the amount of beef they havehere, they have beef balls, they have shank, they have definitely some random, unknown beef parts. the aroma and the steam that it’s trapped within this low roof isjust, the aroma is amazing.
this is the type of sauna you want to have when you’re in thailand, this is what a thai aromatherapy is all about. (upbeat music) hey everyone, it’s mark weins,i’m in bangkok, thailand hanging out with my buddyjoel and su right here. for lunch today we’re at justan amazing thai restaurant in bangkok, the name ofthis restaurant is called neua toon tha nam sathu pradit.
you gotta just check out the roofing, look at the storage on the roof there. so at this restaurantthey are doing the cooking at the corner of the restaurant and then they just have tables in the variety of shop houses, you can choose the shophouse you wanna sit at, but then they also have tables, open air under the very low ceiling.
what a fantastic dining environment. wow, if you’re scaredof, i’m like actually my head is right at the top here. don’t stand up too fast whenyou come to this restaurant. the meat sauna that i’mexperiencing right now under this low ledge roofis just indescribable. you can order just a single bowl, like if you come here by yourself you can order a single bowl of noodles
and you can eitherchoose to get neua toon, which is braised beef,which is fall apart tender, or you can get neuasod, which is fresh beef and she will assemble your bowl of noodles just with absolute expertise, but along with just asingle bowl of noodles you can also order a moufi, which is a fire pot. and that way you get a whole pot full, it’s a hot pot full ofbeef with all the fixings.
do not touch your head on the power cords that run at the top of this restaurant. there’s braised beef in here,there’s beef nuggets in here, there is beef meatballs, there’s striped, there’s probably a numberof other beef parts in here as well and itjust smells unbelievable. you can see the curdles of blood. when i was out therelooking at the kitchen, they also told me this is oneof their signature dishes,
which is, it’s fried pork skin. this is almost like croutons. so i think you could probably toss them in your soup, but you haveto eat it really fast, because you wouldn’twant them to get soggy, or you can just eat them garnishing as you’re eating the soup. – they have a name for it here that i’ve never heard before, mukwai.
– mukwai, the soup is not spicy at all. and what you do is you can dish yourself or actually since we’rejust eating friends and we’re eating togetherwe’re probably just gonna use our chopsticks andgo directly into that. the master pot, the main potand pick out pieces of beef, but yeah it’s not spicy or anything, so what you do is you mix your own sauce. i’m gonna go in for chilly flakes,
a good, a good couple of spoonages of that and wow, i’m gonna go in for some vinegar, vinegar, chilly vinegar and then i’ll probably add alittle bit of fish sauce, just to balance it off. that is like a perfect,perfect dipping sauce. we are ready to dig in man. so actually, should we justtaste that broth first? oh there’s tendent in here as well,
oh look at that soup and there’s also, oh there’s just like a,that’s just pure meat parts. oh it’s so beefy, comforting,the amount of beef in this. that is the definition of mommy, there are, there’s that extraflavor in there for sure, undoubtedly, oh that’s sosmooth and so beefy and salty. oh, oh, oh, time to dig into the beef. i got to go and just get the. – [joel] choose your first piece.
– the braised beef on the top here, oh i’m gonna rehydrate ita little bit in that soup and actually i might noteven dip in the sauce, i’m just gonna, i’m just gonna eat it. oh, oh, oh, oh that is so tender. oh that just melts in your mouth, that is ridiculously good. there’s so much condensed beefy flavor. and i’m gonna move in for some trike,
which is the next visiblepiece of meat on top here and oh a curly piece of trike. i think i’m gonna dip this into the sauce. oh that sauce, oh yeah. not so chewy, a little bit, definitely a little bitof a rubbery texture, but really, really good, it’s delicious. that sauce is just pure fire,dry chilly and really sour, so i can probably add a littlebit of fish sauce to it.
let’s go for a beefmeatball next cause you’re definitely need to soak inthe chilly for a little bit. oh man, one of the toughestthings about eating meatballs is that there’s nothingfor, yeah there’s nowhere to put the sauce to cling onto. so you have to actually goin with your chopsticks, grab some of that sauce and put it on top to maximize your sauce on the meatball. – [joel] coverage, yourmeatball, your sauce coverage.
– oh yeah, all the sponginess, oh they’rebouncy, they’re so bouncy, you can definitely tell thatthese are 100% beef, all beef. – the consistency is evenall the way through, so, the mouth feel is so nice, oh my god. – and then what i like aboutthem also is they are not too smooth, they have a littlebit of like texture to them. so you need texture. – some flavor in there,that’s one of the best
beef meatballs i have ever had. – next up let’s try the, theseare like pork skin croutons. really, really crispy on the outside, they started to taste likemelt, like butter on the inside. i think what would be absolutely awesome if you take your spoon andthen you submerge your spoon, just drown them out, oh, oh, oh, this is gonna be an amazing bite. wow, it’s like the best i have ever,
oh another fire pot has just arrived. how many of aussie they go through, how many fda servings ofbeef we have in front of us. – 16, 18? – while this thing is stillboiling away, we gotta go in and this is a little bit different, so there’s more blood in the soup. oh there’s, oh, what isthat, very gelatinous, wiggly, that’s exactly what i’m gonna eat.
i’m gonna dip this, oh, oh, oh. oh that is a big pice of wiggliness. oh it’s so hot, oh that’s just dissolvingon my tongue, oh wow, whatever it is, it’s just insanity. – the tenderness is unbelievable. – okay, over here we have the noodles, you can see how rich and oilyand blood curdle that broth is there’s noodles on here,there’s the braised beef.
and let’s try this baby, there’s always some woningblurry in here as well. oh with the noodles it’s amazing, they just soak up all of that beef broth. in this one you can reallytaste that the broth is thickened from the blood. again, an amazing beef flavor. we’re gonna sit here andjust dig through these piles of beef, it is justso ridiculously good.
and this one i’m gonna put on my rice. guess i’ll eat it all together. wow, and then taste it with some soup. that’s exquisite, that isunbelievable, masterful. the beef flavor is just off the charts. it’s off the charts in here. – hey, they all likebabies, hi, yeah hello. i’d like to have a new friend. – that beef went downso well, and it’s gone,
so we did the only thingthat was right to do and we ordered one moreentire pot, just to. you can’t, you can’t, youactually can not stop. (speaking foreign language) our grand finale, we got,which is braised beef, 100% braised beef. – we handed him our order and he thought we were asking for thebill, he looks, he goes, oh, these guys are ordering three.
– i’m gonna ask him to redo it. i don’t think i canpick up anything better in the world right now than a flaming, boiling pot of braised beef. you literally just wanna swim in this. if it was, if it was cooled down, i would, i really wouldn’t be opposed to taking a swim in this broth. it’s just perfection, it’sabsolute beef perfection.
that is as good as thefirst two fire pots. digging your chopsticks in here is almost like going fishing with a 100% success rate. – [joel] oh dude look at this piece. it’s, it just looks likeit’s barely hanging on. – it looks like scary almost, look at that, the way thefat clings to the meet and it just shakes on your chopsticks.
– [joel] it really is living. – it’s like an organism, look at that, that’s like a bungee cord, ha, ha, ha. bye-bye, thank you, thank you. we just finished with that meal, that was one of those lifechanging meat experiences. the beef was so incredibly good, come here, you can eitherget the fire pot with beef, or you can get just a plainbowl, well not very plain,
but delicious bowl ofnoodles and braised beef. everything they serve ithink is just top notch incredibly, insanely delicious and i just absolutelylove this environment. this restaurant, they literally looks like they have, they own about four or five shop houses in a row. and so you can actually eat indoors, or you can get a table onthe outside, which just
surrounds on kind of theoutside, like balcony area. just remember not to stand up too hard and when you’re walkinginside you gotta duck, so that you don’t hityour head on the concrete, but the beef is justunbelievably good here if you’re looking for someamazing beef in bangkok. this is the restaurant you’renot gonna want to miss. bye-bye. please remember to givethis video a thumbs up,
i would love to hear from youin the comment section below and also make sure you click subscribe now for lots more food and travel videos. thank you for watching, good-bye from beef paradise in bangkok.