painting can be a daunting and messy task. these helpful hacks will save you time and make your life way easier.this is 47 tips and tricksto ensure a perfect paint job by peggy wang. 1. use a lint roller to clean the fuzziesoff your cheap paint roller before you start.or wrap it in painterâ€™s tape, then peel it off.this will keep those fuzzies from getting into the paint.
2. swiffer the walls before painting.the more dust that you have, the more times that you should change outyour cloth as you swiffer your room 3. line a paint traywith a plastic bag or aluminum foil. youâ€™ll never have to buya new paint tray again! 4. cut out the side of a milk jugto create a paint holder with a built-in handle and brush-holder. 5. tap nails into each legwhen painting a table or chair. itâ€™ll let you paint the feet without havingto wait for the piece to dry before flipping
it over. 6. for heavier pieces, use bed raisers. 7. make a long-reach paint pad for tight spaces.hot glue a paint pad onto a stir stick. 8. and protect awkward objects with plasticwrap. gladâ® pressâ€˜n sealâ® plastic wrap goeson fast and stays right where you put it. paint can seep under the edges, though,so it’s no substitute for masking tape in spots where you need asharp edge. 9. trim off the edges of a used paint roller.any leftover crusty paint will leave ugly edges on your paint job.
10. use this martha stewart kit to turn acrylicpaint into a spray can.this is a great solution when you canâ€™t find the right color spraypaint. 1. gather your kit,paint color of your choice, and item to be painted2. pour equal amounts of the spray paint medium and the acrylic paint into the mixing bottle (everything except the paint is included in the kit) 3. shake it up to mix the medium and the paint. 4. pop the sprayer on top of the paint containerlike so.
5. spray! i did two easy coats and it lookedgreat! the paint itself work almost to any surface. they are dishwasher and washing machine safe too. and they are avaiable in 160 different colors. crazy, right? 11. this is probably the best quality goldspray paint. 1.montana gold acrylic spray.it dries with a super shiny with an almost lacquer-like finishalthough you’ll need primer, and then 2 light coats in order to get fullcoverage.
2. the gold medal from design master.3. the brilliant gold from design master. as info:gold medal above creates a yellow gold shades, whereas the brilliant goldon the right produces a warm honey gold shades. 4. rustoleumâ€™s metallic gold spray paintand 5. krylon 18k gold spray paint.we have talked a alot about 4 and 5 gold spray paints here. 12. use the â€œwâ€ or zig-zag method to geta smooth, even finish.1. roll paint on the wall 2. reload the roller and continue rollingand
3. back roll the entire area 13. you can paint concrete. get a guide on how to paint concrete at thehandmadehome.net but go over it firstwith a coat of white vinegar and let it dry. itâ€™ll make the paint last longerand keep it from cracking. 14. use this stuff before painting laminateand particleboard and you wonâ€™t have to sand it.yup. itâ€™s â€œno sand.â€but it also smells awful so use it outside. 15. well- armed tape dispenser.use your wrist as a masking tape dispenser
during your next painting project.cut a 4-in. piece from the ankle section of a gym sock,slip it on your wrist, then slide the tape over your hand.the sock protects your arm so the tape won’t scratch it.the tape is always close at hand, leaving both hands free for your work.or. use an old water bottle caseto keep your paint supplies from accidentally drippingpaint everywhere. 16. to strip furniture indoors,remove paint with citrustrip and cover with a garbage bag.citrustrip takes longer (24 hours)
but it can be used indoors (!!!).step 1: apply the stripper step 2: the garbage bag phase.wait for 24 hours before moving to next step. step 3: scrapping.i have to scrap 4 or 5 times (on the side that did not get covered in agarbage bag). but.i was going over it with one scrape and all the layers were just sliding off.(on the other side that get covered in a garbage bag). last step: cleaning up 17. paint vaseline over any tiny areas youdonâ€™t want painted,
like screws or hinges.lay it on thick, and proceed as normal. after the paint has dried,go over the area with a paper towel and the paint will wipe right off!this is a great trick for spray-painting! * you can also use chapstick.* 18. for painting trim,use a stiff angled brush instead of bothering with painterâ€™s tape. 19. when using this no-tape method,keep a wet rag on hand to wipe up any paint slip-ups. 20. use pimple pads that contain alcohol towipe up small paint messes.
** this works for latex paint,not oil-based paint. pimple pads for paint cleanup ..facial cleansing wipes aren’t just for pimple prevention.the alcohol in them softens latex paint, but won’t harm most surfaces(test first to make sure). they work best on paint that’s been dry justa few hours. 21. precision q-tips are your friend. 22. if you plan to save a paint roller,store it in a ziploc bag, and keep it in a pringles can.just be sure to label it or else you might make someone very, very sad.
23. to help with paint fumes,add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to your paint and mix really well.itâ€™ll counteract the smell, and your home will smell like vanilla afterwards. 24. if your tape is old and wonâ€™t roll withoutpeeling, place it in the microwave for 10 seconds.itâ€™ll be just like new. 25. before painting metal, wipe it down withvinegar. the vinegar will keep the paint from cracking.just wipe down the object or surface with vinegar,using a sponge or lint-free cloth. 26. need to take a break or waiting for paintto dry?
wrap your brush or roller in a plastic bagto keep it from hardening. 1. take a grocery store plastic bag.2. put your brush or roller in the inside. corner of the bag.3. grab it from the outside and twist 4. secure it with a rubberband, clip,or simply twist it around and lay something on it.bonus tip: keep the brush in the fridge. 27. add a little bit of this stuffto make your latex paint go on smoother. folderol latex paint additive improvesthe performance of latex paint and keeps projects flowing smoothly.it gives latex paint the feel of oil paint, without the cleanup hassles.price $13,97 per galoon.
28. to limit your mess,spray paint an item inside of a cardboard box. 29. or use a plastic garment bag for a largeritem. use it like you would a tent. 30. if youâ€™re painting an old piece of furniture,use wood filler if there are a lot of dents and scratches.then sand. 31. use a rubber band to wipe excess painton instead of the rim. along with preventing splatters,it will also keep the rim from getting all caked up.
32. hereâ€™s a frugal paint-saving rollertrick: use a putty knife to scrape down your rollerbefore you rinse it. rest the roller on the edge of the paint canand scrape down the sides like you are cutting corn off the cob.you can save yourself a few ounces of paint each time you use aroller! 33. to avoid roller marks on furniture,only go in one direction. so simple, why didnâ€™t i think of it before.i noticed that if i only roll in one direction, the sheen evens out andi stop getting the light/dark streaks that show every roll.
34. paint will not stick to a dirty surface,so use tsp to de-grease it first. 35. run a brown paper bag over any (dry) paintedsurface that feels rough.it wonâ€™t leave scratch marks the way sandpaper does. 36. store your leftover paint in a rubbermaidpaint buddy so you can easily make future touch-ups. 37. or, if you have a very small amount ofpaint, use a slobproof! pen.it uncannily resembles a stila lip gloss pen. 38. use self-leveling painton old cabinets or uneven plaster walls.
itâ€™ll glide on much smoother. 39. when painting over existing paint,itâ€™s important to know whether the old paint is latex or oil by doing this simple test.rub a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol over the painted surface.if your cotton ball has paint on it, the surface is latex.if not, the surface is oil based paint. if itâ€™s oil-based, youâ€™ll need a coatof oil-based primer before starting. 40. peel painterâ€™s tape off shortlyafter the paint dries to avoid chipping. itâ€™s better to remove the tape sooner ratherthan later. and run a razor along the edgeif you find that paint is chipping off as
you peel the tape away. 41. remove paint tape at an angle to ensurea clean line. 42. to ensure clean lines when painting stripes,seal the edges of the tape with a light coat of the original color.let it dry, and then proceed painting with the new color.when the tape peels off, the color that bleeds through is the originalcolor, not the new color.if this is confusing, check link under this video for more details. 43. soak gunky paintbrushes in hot vinegarfor 30 minutes to clean them.
then wash with hot, soapy water.brush off paint as needed then rinse and let dryâ€”good as new. 44. fix uneven baseboards with caulk.learn more about this trick at thecreativeimperative. 45. to store paint, cover the open can withplastic wrap to keep the lid from sticking.then place the lid on top. add a dab of paint to the lid to help youremember which paint color it contains. 46. to get an antique â€œshabby chicâ€ look,rub a candle over the wood. lightly wipe the wax off.some of the wood will show through, giving you a worn look.
and47. tape pieces of cardboard to the corners to make a huge dropcloth much more manageablewhen folding. or if you arenâ€™t a drop cloth fan, try usingrosin paper! if you’re still listening,like or share this video before you leave. or comment it, if you think people have tolisten your wise words. last, don’t forget to press subscribe button,if you’ve never done it before.. see you later..