no matter how tiny that studio apartment is, nothing beats having your own space. here are some actually feasible ideas thatdonâ€™t involve remodeling or a completely unrealistic warehouse loft.this is 51 brilliant ways to make small apartment more livable.by peggy wang. 1. place a curtain around the bed. itâ€™ll give your sleeping space some tranquilityand a nook-like feel. 2. if your workspace only consists of a laptop,just use a bookshelf instead of taking up space with a desk.
3. the curtain separator works for a kitchen too. 4. use a piece of plywood to build a makeshiftwall that you can place a desk against. 5. or a pull-down screen. doubles as a surface to project movies on! 6. put the bedroom under a gigantic canopy. itâ€™ll give the illusion of a private fort. 7. use your tv to mentally separate your sleepingspace from your entertainment space. also, love the accent wall in the â€œbedroom.â€ 8. opt for sliding doors for closets and bathrooms.
they require less space than swing-out doors. 9. re purpose an old window for kitchen separation also, a kitchen island on wheelies can providesome much-needed counter and storage space. 10. a chest doubles as a coffee table and as storage. 11.set your bed up against a wall so you canprop pillows up when you need to use it as a couch.or hanging it for a new fun. it’s not too hard for diyers to recreate. and you have the link under the video you can visit later after you finish the video.
12. make a couch that swivels into a bed. how do you live in a small apartment, and still have the opportunity of having a bed,a nice big couch, and even the possibility of having friends over ? put legs on the mattresses with hooks to keepit all together during the night. and have the bedlinen in a basket next to thecouch/bed. the top mattresses are the thin type,and have made covers for them, so it is easy to make the bed in the evening.more info: the back cushions contains a foam mattressin the size 90 cm x 90 cm. 9 cm thick.
it is folded and hold together with a strap.when you have friend over two of these on the floor makes it out for one bed.the foam sort of makes the mattress stick to the floor so it doesn’t slide apart duringthe night. you can make the bed in the extra room, fora little privacy. finally,you can get that dreamy sectional youâ€™ve always wanted. 13. use seating as an opportunity to storeas much stuff as possible. instead of plain old chairs, opt for seatingthat serves double duty, like storage ottomans and storage couches.
14. make use of a ladder in dead space behinda door. you can hang things off of it, like a throwor a winter jacket. 15. use your window as a projector screen.if youâ€™re not the type to watch television but still want the option to screen moviesin your apartment, buy a white screen for your windows that doubleas blinds. 16. place your sofa against the bed. 17. chaise lounges are a good alternativeto regular-sized couches. theyâ€™re generally shorter than full-sizedcouches and are more versatile than a loveseat. and if you get two of them, you can sandwichthem together into a makeshift bed.
18. turn your bed into a movie pit with aheavy dresser or console. imagine this. you walk in, take off your jacket,drop your bag on the chair and walk over to the drawer.you pull out your phone, plug it to the speakers and your favorite music starts playing.you continue: to cook, exercise, study, and when the night’s calling -you change to your pajamas and head to the bed area and sleep or relax or watch a movie.here’s a floor plan for this image: 19. a ceiling-hanging clothing rack takesadvantage of your vertical space. the one shown here doesnâ€™t look bulky ormonstrous, and you have enough vertical space to stackthings like shoes or books underneath.
20. donâ€™t have space for a couch? giantpillows on the floor can be laid out when you have guests over.and then put away when you need the floor space. so cozy. 21. build a super simple foldout table thatâ€™smounted to the wall. if you have basic carpentry skills, you canmake an incredibly simple kitchen table that folds back up onto a wall with some wood andsome hinges. move to the ceiling. and,reset your light and lighting system like this.
22. put your bed on lockable casters.this way, you can easily wheel it to be used as extra seating in the living room,or against a wall when you need some floor space to do an impromptu yoga routine or gymnasticsflip without the bed don’t end up half way across the room.thanks to a $250 hamilton s-7010-pr-4sl-ib pneumatic castersfrom drillspot. 23. the unhampered collapsible laundry basket.folds up into a shred of nothing. entertainment purpose only.out of stock in amazon. 24. get slide-in spice rack. you can have your marjoram and eat it, too.
or do it the diy way: make this brilliantin-cabinet spice rack yourself. the materials will cost you less than $10.and you only need 2 steps to get the job done. 25. craft over-the-fridge snack caddy.you can either call up pbteen and beg them to re-release this product,or you could easily sew one together or create one by cutting up a shoe organizer.by pbteen.com 26. install grundtal towel holder for tiesand belts. or use it to put together tomorrowâ€™s outfit.when not in use, it lies against the wall to save space.$14.99 from ikea. 27. set up an all-in-one cabinet that swivels.itâ€™s a mirror! itâ€™s a bulletin board!
itâ€™s a coat rack! finally, a piece of furniturethat is all things to all people. available for $249 from solutions.with so many functional built-ins, this handsome swivel cabinet tidies up clutter in the kitchen,home office, tv room, laundry room, and craft room. anywhere you need organized storage. detail:- space-saving bookshelf, storage bin, coat rack, photo display, message center and moreall in one spinning cabinet. – 10 storage cubbies/shelves, 3 hooks, a mirror,chalkboard, dry-erase board and 6 photo slots- with so many functional built-ins, it tidies up clutter in the kitchen, home office, tvroom, laundry room, and craft room.
anywhere you could use organized storage.- it’s space efficient and tucks nicely to a corner – makes it easy to create a mini office ina bedroom or studio apartment 28. set under-cabinet knife drawer.can these drawers just come standard with every kitchen from here on out?check link inside info on how to diy this space-saving drawer. 29. get a hot iron holster.100% essential for anyone with a pedestal sink. get it for $34.99.affordable, space safe, secure you from unwanted accident, and available in 10 colors. 30. add couch arm wrap.it spells the e-n-d for your end table.
(available) from etsy.no metal hardware – just professional and strong cabinetmaker – grade joinery techniques,formaldehyde-free adhesives, and a zero-voc finish that’s silky to the touch and 100%food-safe to boot. safe for children too. 31.corner dish rack.for those with achingly precious counter real estate. 32. keep a folding ottoman bed.this ottoman goes so beyond its call of duty. by day, it functions as a foot rest, extraseating or even a coffee table. then, when family or friends spend the night,it becomes an instant bed!
three thick foam cushions provide comfortablesleep support 33. install sliding shelves for cabinets.they ainâ€™t pretty, but youâ€™ll get so much more use out of those awkward spaces 34. get cord balls or great balls of wire.theyâ€™re like little hungry munchkins that will â€œeatâ€ up to five feet of cable tokeep your media centers and office spaces free of clutter. 35. install an over-the-faucet shelf for toiletries.your tiny sink will look at you and wonder how you never thought of this before.$15.19 from wallmart. 36. ikea-hacked wall-hung lamp.using a corded lamp and a wall shelf bracket
from ikea, you can make a wall-hung lamp thatdoesnâ€™t take up any floor or table space. 37. add a slide-out pantry in 6â€ of space.if youâ€™ve ever yearned for the vast pantries of suburban homes, you can finally own a littlesliver of that dream. 10 step instructions wait you on the othersite. 38. pixelete your wall.find a new masterpiece attach on your wall. if painting is one of your all time favoritethings to do. this idea will challenge your creativity toyour limit. it’s time consuming no doubt and to help youwith that, we have pasted a link that will lead you to girls who already get the jobdone.
39. get a cabinet door wastebasket. you canâ€™t call yourself a minimalist andkeep your trash out in plain sight. buy it $13. 40. install a ceiling-hung garment rack.so much better than one of those janky free-standing garment racks. 41. buy shower rod hooks.this almost stupidly simple concept will make you wonder how you never even thought of this before 42. add a shower curtain with pockets.buy this as a passive-aggressive gesture toward your roommate who keeps her 13 different shampoosall around the rim of the bathtub.
$14 from casa 43. install an upholstered storage headboard.if you are an adult, itâ€™s time to get that bed off the floor and invest in an awesomeheadboard. 44. craft a hidden jewelry holder behind apainting behold, the magical power of hinges.if you have lack of dresser space, a surplus of jewels, and a desire to keep your spacelooking stylish and neat all at the same time, try this one.this hidden wood holder started from this sketch and a link we pasted inside info.material, hardware, total cost, and completed instructions are covered.
45. bring a laundry pod home.at ~$100, this tiny workhorse is much cheaper than a washing machine and can fit 5â€“10garments at once. 46. get or diy a shoe ottoman.for those of us who canâ€™t help but have a chronic case of shoe overflow.you can make this or you can buy similar item at overstock. 47. give your kitchen nesting bowls with measuring cups. not only is it super functional and space-saving,but it looks like a cross-section of the worldâ€™s most beautiful gobstopper.price $30. 7 piece food preparation nesting bowl set.allows individual elements to stack neatly
together.mixing bowls have large non-slip bases and wide handles. 48. the hook-on balcony desk. just tell your boss youâ€™ll be working fromhome for the rest of your life. check the link (inside info) for alternative idea. 49. invite this an all-in-one over-the-sinkcutting board. it even doubles as a produce-washing station.you will never look at a cutting board the same way ever againprice $45. efficiently chop and wash fruits and veggieswith this all-in-one prep board.
integrated 2.5 oz green silicone colandercollapses to store flat and removes for cleaning; heat-resistant to 500 degrees. 50. add magnetic stickers to your wall.it keeps your everyday grooming tools in armâ€™s reach. $15 for a set of three.colorful magnetic stickers for the kitchen, shower, study or anywhere else in the houseor office. three stickers in a pack.3.5 cm in diameter. 51. attach this mirror/ironing board.possibly the most well-designed ironing board ever created. that’s it.if you still watching, continue to press like
or share button under this video.comment it if you have something to say and don’t go before you hit the subscribe button.thanks for watching and see you later.